Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Eastern Sierra Fishing / Re: First Golden Trout for 2017
« Last post by wshawkins on Today at 06:45:23 AM »
Conness basin

Upper Conness Lake
« Last post by wshawkins on January 17, 2018, 06:49:27 AM »
This is the lower Conness Lake and its frozen!  The mornings have been cold (in the teens) so not real surprised but hoped for better weather (warmer).   I hate to say how often this has happened to me this season.   ;D

« Last post by wshawkins on January 16, 2018, 07:31:04 AM »
Conness Basin

« Last post by wshawkins on January 15, 2018, 07:03:43 AM »
Heading to Conness Basin, plenty of water coming from the North Peak.

Back route to Hidden Conness Lake and Upper Conness Lakes.  Just be careful when its wet as the granite is dangerously slippery.

Top of Conness Falls.

« Last post by wshawkins on January 13, 2018, 07:31:45 AM »
If you try following the trail to the mine it disappears completely but following the logical rout this is where the water flume ended.  Located here are two aditís that were blasted shut by the USFS some years ago and some building ruins are all thatís left.  This mining operation was well over hundred years ago as per dating the old mine ruins.

« Last post by wshawkins on January 12, 2018, 07:02:46 AM »
On my way to Conness Lakes Basin hiking on a nearly invisible old trail.  Trail was there for the wooden water flume they built for water transport from Conness Creek to their mining sight.  Water out of Conness Basin was reliable year round water source in the 20 Lakes Basin.  Part of the Conness falls is still diverted today.

You can still see the metal spikes in the solid granite rock that supported the wooden water flume.

« Last post by wshawkins on January 11, 2018, 04:36:02 PM »
Yes, thatís the one bj. :hiking2: :fishing3:
Eastern Sierra Forum / Missing Person Alert Yosemite 1/11
« Last post by maverick on January 11, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »

Yosemite NP:

Name: Maximillian "Max" L. Schweitzer

If you think you might have any information regarding Max, especially if you hiked on the (upper) Yosemite Falls Trail January 1Ė3, 2018, please call 209/379-1992.

Max is a 41-year-old white male with brown hair and blue eyes, 5 ft. 8 in. tall, and weighs 185 pounds. His last known clothing is a light-colored long-sleeve shirt or sweatshirt, light-colored shorts (not pictured), and a dark-colored backpack. His rental car was found at Camp 4 parking on January 5, 2018, after it was reported overdue by the rental agency.
« Last post by bj on January 11, 2018, 11:06:12 AM »
Is that Hidden lake? Been a long time since I've been in that area.
« Last post by wshawkins on January 11, 2018, 07:16:30 AM »
This Lake is nameless on Topo maps.  Listed as fishless on the CDFW website.  Nearly invisible until you stubble near it, so is a great place to reflect on life or just take it easy.  A true 20 Lakes Basin hidden golden gem!

And it's not fishless!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10