Author Topic: Sierra Wave article on fish plants this season  (Read 3799 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sierra Wave article on fish plants this season
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:28:24 AM »
So where oh where are the dollars being spent?  Pockets to be lined?  Another misuse of the money being paid by the "honest" fisherman/fisherwoman and for what?  1/4 lb trout being stocked?  Something smells fishy.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 05:49:19 AM »
I agree Saudust. Where is it going? More than likely salaries of non essential personnel and boondoggle trips to inspect and appropriate new equipment that just sits there b/c they now don't have the resources to implement b/c they spent the monies within that areas budget.  The equipment THEN shows up on the GSA or CA state websites and auctioned off for pennies on the dollar.  They still I believe have the King Air that they were going to sell a few yrs ago that they used for aerial stocking.  What do they use it for now?  They still have to employ a pilot for an unused aircraft. I doubt some CA politician wants to fly to/from Sacramento or a boondoggle trip to CO or NM to see "first hand" how these states do their thing in an aircraft that smells like fish and has the interior ripped out.  Oh yeah they must fly in the G-IV in luxury on the residents and fisherman's nickle... And have to employ a now type-rated pilot that needs to keep up a certain amount of hours per year... *Sorry, just struck my lateral line hard*
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 06:53:51 AM »
Sure seems to me that 370,000 pounds of fish for all the Eastern Sierra waters is not a whole lot of fish to be planted during the season....My gut feeling is this year is not going to be a great year for fishing.. Would be really nice to know where all the money goes in their budget..... How much money was spent in just changing the name  of the dept from DFG to DFW.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 07:08:18 AM »
It does suck to say the least!  Quarter-pounders!  What’s that about 6-8”?  I guess by time I go on my October trip they may be big enough to keep a few by then!  It does beg to ask where is the money going as others as asked? 

370,000 lbs of quarter-pounders will be like fishing in one of them stunted Brookie lakes.

I think when the public finds out the truth about little stockers their planting; it can have a huge impact on fishing tourism.  We shall see soon enough.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 08:45:54 AM »
I saw somewhere way back where the DFG to DFW cost was in the millions. Don't recall the actual amount. Time to write our friendly governor.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »
So that's what hapened to AB7, they reworded it so the state could do this to the people of California. I should have known back on 2005 it was to good to be true. The state loves our fishing funds on the one hand, and then on the other they do everything possible to ruin our fishing experience. Killing wild trout, cutting stocking, taking waters from us, and now the fish they will stock have little chance of survival at that size. Those little trout are going to be food for other fish, or end up dead on the shore because nobody will keep fish that size. On a slightly positive note, some of my favorite back country lakes will open early this year, and the fishing up there will be great! No DFWG whatever they want to call themselves gona keep me away! 2 weeks until the opener, 3 weeks until my first "real" trip of the year! Good fishin!

smitty

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Parchers Resort
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 08:53:32 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on this, I would have missed that article. I put my 2 cents in regarding how Mono is handling this problem vs Inyo.