Author Topic: Mcgee Canyon and RCL time Lapse opening weekend 2015.  (Read 4904 times)

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Mcgee Canyon and RCL time Lapse opening weekend 2015.
« on: May 11, 2015, 11:05:15 AM »
So we took some time lapse photos of Mcgee Canyon and RCL while we were out fishing. For whatever reason we didnt do it before it started snowing so there isn't any cool snow shots. But I'm headed up this thursday-sunday and it looks like i may get the chance at some snow time Lapse.

It was recorded in 1080p but I cant seem to figure out how to make the resolution that high on photobucket so Im sorry if its grainy.

Hope you enjoy:

Video Courtesy of Brandon Scott's GoPro Hero 3
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:43:34 PM by Mcgee Dude »
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Mcgee Canyon and RCL time Lapse opening weekend 2015.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
Very cool Mcgee Dude.  Like how the clouds form out of nothing!  How long did it take to shoot the time lapse photos?
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 01:10:27 PM »
I'm glad you liked it Wshawkins!

They are each about 2 to 2.5 hours of photos. I had it set to take a photo once ever 3 seconds.

I have plans of a solar charging unit that I'm gonna leave hiding in a spot for a whole year!!

The McGee canyon one ALMOST caught sunset, but we ran out of battery. Wont happen next time as I purchased one of the extended battery packs, so hopefully next trip will be pretty cool.

I also have some cool footage of fish being retrieved and landed at RCL just haven't edited the footage down. I just left it half in the lake half out, so you see some pretty cool fish coming in and the sky above! :D Ill post soon
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:17:32 AM by Mcgee Dude »

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »
If you look close enough to the McGee canyon one, you can see us go down and fish the creek then head down canyon, and some more people show up, go down and fish, and then leave. I really like doing this.

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »
at the 7 second mark on the RCL one, there is a cool shot of a Jet flying through the sky.

It's also cool to watch the snow melt at the base of the camera at RCL.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 05:48:28 PM »
simply fantastic!      what a pleasure to watch... over and over:)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
Little Hardrock,

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it. I watch them over and over as well, helps me get through my day at work. I cant wait to get back up there this weekend and get some more cool shots! It's nice that it isn't all about fishing all the time anymore. I've been going so much since I turned 16 and got my own car that I'm starting to appreciate everything about the Sierra.

I cant wait for some back country trips. Just need a buddy to go with :D

:hiking2:

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »
That was cool! Very Nice, feel free to get into it and post!   :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:57:27 PM »
Thanks Trev Dog! I'm happy you enjoyed it! More to come :D

:pie2: anyone? :)

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »
very cool time lapse. just a few questions, are all the pics. from this trip? Did you make it to Laurel Lakes on opening weekend? and is that your truck parked on the beach at the RCL boat ramp? Just wondering.....

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 04:44:53 PM »
Sierraslam

All the Time lapse photos are from this trip. The other photos you are referring to are from my photobucket album I think. As thats the only place I have some pictures of Bloody Canyon in. That was a few years back. I'll have to scroll through them and look. I actually just discovered I had all those pictures on Photobucket when I went to upload these videos. It's been a couple years since I've used it I think.

How did you access my album? haha

I'll go check that Truck parked on the beach at RCL picture right now. I dont remember parking on the beach haha.

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 04:47:33 PM »
Any Goldens at Laurel Lakes, I've never been up that way.

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 04:48:51 PM »
I see how you did it now. It would seem that the videos link to my photobucket account. HAHA Glad you guys can view them all, I was wondering how I going to find the time to share them all with you!

As far as the truck being parked on the beach at RCL.

Yes that is my truck. But I'm actually backed onto the "launch ramp" We had kicked for about 8 hours in our Tubes that day at RCL and so we just backed the truck down and loaded the Tubes into the bed. I remember taking that photo now!

:)

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 10:21:13 PM »
NBD. No big deal. Great pics.!

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 09:48:22 AM »
There are Goldens there. I think Retired sent me up that way. However, I didnt catch a single one, I could just seem them cruising the shoreline taking bugs off the surface.

And thats when it happend.... I came to this board completely frustrated that I saw all these Goldens taking bugs but ignoring my lures( plus the hell of a drive to get back there.. that first switch back on the way down to the lake is nuts..) , and requested that someone teach me how to fly fish. I met up with AB-SN and Terry and really got into fly fishing and learning the way.

That was 2 years ago this past October, and this year will be my first trip back up there to Bloody Canyon to catch some Goldens on my fly rod!