Author Topic: amgen  (Read 2078 times)

Little Hardrock

  • Administrator
  • East Side Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2832
    • View Profile
amgen
« on: May 11, 2015, 09:41:23 PM »
absolutely nothing to do with rock creek, nor the east side...   but i did meander down the road aways to watch the amgen riders go by.....






Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Sierraslam

  • Junior Creeker
  • **
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: amgen
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 04:02:15 PM »
Amgen is about 1 mile from my home. One of the stages used to finish here. I lived in San Luis Obispo for a few years and spent a lot of time at Avila Beach where today's stage finished. My cousin raced for UCSB so I follow the tour some.

Mcgee Dude

  • Rock Creek Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 705
    • View Profile
Re: amgen
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »
Is this the Bike race that the close the darn streets down here in Claremont?!?! They ride up Padua/Mills and right up Baldy Rd. It prevents me from being able to easily access my local hiking/fishing areas!! And brings so many people to the Mountain :( This weekend is gonna suck...
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

vhbcinc

  • Weekender
  • ***
  • Posts: 245
    • View Profile
Re: amgen
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:03 PM »
Is this the Bike race that the close the darn streets down here in Claremont?!?! They ride up Padua/Mills and right up Baldy Rd. It prevents me from being able to easily access my local hiking/fishing areas!! And brings so many people to the Mountain :( This weekend is gonna suck...


They prevent mountain access by 0.27% of the year leaving us only 99.73% of the time for free access.

They are so inconsiderate.


Sierraslam

  • Junior Creeker
  • **
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: amgen
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 10:19:21 PM »
too funny!

Mcgee Dude

  • Rock Creek Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 705
    • View Profile
Re: amgen
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »
It's my mountain too, so restricting my access on any day for any length of time grinds my gears. You should also see all the trash left behind on the roads after the "spectators" depart.

Bikers also need to learn how to ride single file, not 10 people wide on main roads like Foothill and Baseline Rd. Cars dont get to drive 10 wide so we can all have conversations while we are driving neither should they.

Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!