Author Topic: Deadman Creek Campground  (Read 3035 times)

John Harper

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Deadman Creek Campground
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »
It was closed last year, and pretty flooded when we checked it out.  I've always wanted to fish up Deadman Creek since I have never heard any reports.  I have fished it down by 395 and there are some nice fish if you can drift your fly down under the bushes. 

The campground is open again, has anyone stayed there?  I did not see any bear boxes when we checked it out, but it has some nice shady sites from what I could tell.

John

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Deadman Creek Campground
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »
There are actually two Deadman Campgrounds’, Upper and Lower and are across the small creek from each other.  Only tents in the upper campground and RV’s & tents in the lower campground.  You could get a small pop-up trailer in the upper campground.  Table and grills at each site.  No bear boxes as of 2009 when I was there last.  Yes, lots of trees at all sites, so shaded nicely!

There is fishing in the creek for Brooks and Bows.  Fishing is good for stockers at the campgrounds, but I recommend to fish upstream for seclusion and some wild fish catching!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

John Harper

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Re: Deadman Creek Campground
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »
Yes, we drove back as far as we could, but last year the creek was still raging at the time.  It looks like there should be some nice spots upstream, look forward to checking it out.

Thanks,

John