Author Topic: Creek Flow?  (Read 2068 times)

Acquaman

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Creek Flow?
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »
How are the creeks flowing in the campgrounds at the lake campsites? Heading up June 3RD for 4 days. Hoping to stay up at the lake if we can find a couple of spots. How are the mosquitoes right now? Cant wait to get up there.

Acquaman

Tight lines........

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Creek Flow?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:41:48 PM »
Creek flow is good right now,  was up there a week ago.  However,  this is the flow it should be like in Late June-early July.  In other words,  it's gonna be reaaaallllllyyyy low in late summer-fall.  We did not notice any mosquitos,  but they are like little bears,  go prepared and be smart, and they won't be a problem.
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

ScottS

• Junior Creeker
  • Bishop, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »
Just wanted to add, I went up to the beaver dam pond up McGee Creek and did get a few mosquito bites.  I would assume they will be showing up soon at least in the lower campgrounds.

trouter

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
I just got back and as Terry said, the flow is about what it should be in July. Mosquito's were not too bad at the lake as it was very windy most of the time but I did get tagged pretty good while I was staying at East Fork. Bring the highest percentage deet repellant you can find, you will need it

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »
We didn't see a single mosquito at French camp  :clap:
The Creek is Waiting...