Author Topic: Rock Creek - the novel  (Read 1834 times)

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Rock Creek - the novel
« on: May 22, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »
How about a novel called Rock Creek, written with the East Side as the setting?  :reading:

I haven't read it yet...need to get it.  The author contacted me to see if I'd like to put it on the site, but I've only stuck it in one inconspicuous location that few have probably found.  You can click the link above and read a few of the pages on Amazon.  Here's a plug the author wrote for his book...and Da Creek as well...

"Hello!  My name is Skip Ludlow.  I authored “Rock Creek”, a humorous fiction that takes place right here at Rock Creek.  Because I grew up camping here, and its serenity haunts me still, writing “Rock Creek” was quite natural for me, something I just had to do.  I quickly realized that servicing the plot often became secondary to describing the surroundings.  And how else can it be?  The beauty of this place transcends anything that happens here.  The reason is simple - Rock Creek is really not so much a place as it is a frame of mind.  When you travel to Rock Creek, do yourself a favor – upon arrival, don’t try to absorb it all at once.  Set up camp, have a cocktail, relax.  You will know when you are ready.  And so it was with writing "Rock Creek".  It started slowly, but the more I wrote, the better I felt.  Youthful memories of camping flowed through me like the Creek at sunrise.  Serenity is mine again!  Your vacation here is sure to be memorable also.  Like making love by the fire when it’s raining outside, you won’t want it to end.  I hope you enjoy reading Rock Creek as much as I did writing it."  -Skip Ludlow 

:twothumbs:
"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Creek - the novel
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »
That sounds like a great book to add to my collection at the cabin!
The creek is waiting...