Author Topic: Water Levels  (Read 4049 times)

Jmcclure83

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Water Levels
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »
Does anyone know what the water levels are like around Intake II and Rock Creek Lake?
Both lower than normal?  Trying to plan a trip to one of those places and our party want to go wherever there is more water.
Thanks all!

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Water Levels
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 12:12:38 PM »
Not sure about intake 2 but I'm sure the levels are fine as they use it for power I think. Rock Creek Lake water levels should also be fine as its a natural drainage. I've been to RCL 3 times this season and all was good. I'd stay away from Bishop Canyon if I were you. But that's just me.

Good luck
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

Bestfrets

• Junior Creeker
  • Saugus,CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 01:35:53 PM »
i was up there last week and both are fine.

Jmcclure83

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 07:52:57 AM »
Thanks guys!

Jmcclure83

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 11:02:13 AM »
Not sure about intake 2 but I'm sure the levels are fine as they use it for power I think. Rock Creek Lake water levels should also be fine as its a natural drainage. I've been to RCL 3 times this season and all was good. I'd stay away from Bishop Canyon if I were you. But that's just me.

Good luck

Mcgee Dude
Why would you stay away from Bishop Canyon?

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »
There is always too many people. If you just drive a little farther north you can lose some of the crowds. I bet Bishop canyon has some nice fish though since so many people go up there, I'm thinking they probably stock more fish. I didnt mean it to sound like STAY AWAY. lol sorry
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

Jmcclure83

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 07:31:16 AM »
Lol! No problem, was just curious.  Iím not going until late September so some crowds taper off by then anyway.  All the same I think I prefer RCL.

KO

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 05:59:18 PM »
I like Lake Sabrina and used to fish South Lake when it had water in it off the Bishop Creek Canyon area ... it all reminds me of the days when I was a kid, lots of folks these days or not.  Does Rock Creek Lake have boats for rent?  We're staying in East Fork the next couple of weeks.

Thanks.

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 09:13:41 PM »
Boats fro rent at the RCL Pie Shop.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

KO

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 06:32:35 PM »
I love the pie shop and we've used the showers there, it just never struck me to ask about a boat .... we've fished lures from the shore but never gotten anything at RCL.  I was thinking a boat might break the curse .... Is there any other inlet than the one on the other side of the campground/parking lot? 

Thanks.