Author Topic: easternsierracams.com  (Read 3103 times)

papow

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
easternsierracams.com
« on: July 31, 2015, 02:25:24 PM »
Does anybody on the Rock Creek Message Board know what happened to the "easternsierracams.com" website?
I miss several of the sites that were there.

papow

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Re: easternsierracams.com
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »
I meant "sierranevadacams.com"

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »
It shut down and I don't remember what I read about why or if it would be back. Here is another site that covers a lot if not all of the other links.

http://sierrafoothillgarden.com/really-cool-links/sierra-nevada-webcams/

papow

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 08:30:36 PM »
Thanks Gary, That gives me my Sierra fix every day. Walt

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 11:42:53 AM »
Your right, "sierranevadacams.com" site is down for some reason?  In the meantime, check out the Sierra Nevada webcams website.  It covers most of the Sierra Nevada with about 118 webcams on-line as of now.  Gary C. recommended site looks good too! 

Hears the other website:  http://www.sierracamnetwork.com/
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 05:39:41 AM »
Papow, as I recall Stephen (Steven?) who sponsored and ran the web cam site got very interested in other things, especially blogging.  He had moved away from the Sierra Nevada after the passing of his wife, got remarried and I believe was back in the Michigan area posting great pictures of the Great Lakes.  That's about as much fuzzy memories as I have this morning on it.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

papow

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 09:50:52 AM »
Thanks Saudust and wshawkins. I had noticed that certain sites had quit appearing so I figured that that site had become inactive. The newly recommended web sites will fill my need for seeing the eastern Sierra information, pictures and stories.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 12:33:42 PM »
Papow, as I recall Stephen (Steven?) who sponsored and ran the web cam site got very interested in other things, especially blogging.  He had moved away from the Sierra Nevada after the passing of his wife, got remarried and I believe was back in the Michigan area posting great pictures of the Great Lakes.  That's about as much fuzzy memories as I have this morning on it.

Sounds totally correct to me. I kept thinking that I had read one of the admins of the site had passed and the other was no longer interested but wasn't sure.