Author Topic: Agnew Meadow to Tuolumne Meadows  (Read 1936 times)

littlefish

• Junior Creeker
  • California Native and Sierra lover for 60 years
    • View Profile
Agnew Meadow to Tuolumne Meadows
« on: August 10, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »
Has anyone hiked the JMT on this section recently?  I plan to do it Sept. 15-20 and am looking for any information that will help.  Any bear info, web  references, fishing/camping tips, do's and don'ts will be appreciated.  thanks.  lf

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Agnew Meadow to Tuolumne Meadows
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:46:45 PM »
My friends and I start out from Agnew Meadow for Tuolumne Meadows and beyond to the Yosemite Valley on Sunday the 16th. I saw your post on HST saying you are planning for 5 days so we just might see you along the trail. We hope to do it in 3 days but that is because we have to be in YV by Sunday the 23rd after layover days in Tuolumne and one to climb half Dome. We hiked from Tuolumne to Agnew in 2010 I believe and took 8 days to fish and enjoy the scenery. My report for that trip was lost here during one of the site crashes or upgrades but if I can find it elsewhere I'll post a link.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 10:17:56 PM »
Littlefish, I reposted a copy of my trip report here on the Rock Creek site. Something that you might fun if you are carrying you phone is that I've heard there is spotty cell phone signal at the top of Island Pass.

Here is a link that should take you to my report.
 http://www.rockcreeklake.com/board/index.php?topic=1088.new#new

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 05:24:39 AM »
Well, that made my morning.  Thanks, Gary.  Great to read the report again and revisit your trails/lakes/campsites.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

littlefish

• Junior Creeker
  • California Native and Sierra lover for 60 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:02:38 AM »
Thanks for a great post Gary C.  I hope I have 1/2 as much (and mosquitos) fun as you guys did.  lf