Author Topic: Memorial Day 2012  (Read 2524 times)

incrediblehuck

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Memorial Day 2012
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:08:02 AM »
Just was wondering how many of us may be up there this weekend?  I'll be arriving early Friday morning and leaving on Monday.  Should make for  a great trip!

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Day 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »
I'm leaving today to Bishop for the Mule Days Celebration.  I got my fishing gear and may sneak out for a day at PRV or the Lower Owens.  Might drive up to the creek.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »
Mule days and pie is a great maybe for us also.
will return Sunday night.

If you get pie you have to stop and say hello to the creek with a fly or two :)

incrediblehuck

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:47:28 AM »
I'm leaving today to Bishop for the Mule Days Celebration.  I got my fishing gear and may sneak out for a day at PRV or the Lower Owens.  Might drive up to the creek.

Mule Days eh?  I'm hoping to get through that area quick enough to where the crowds wont be a problem Friday.  When is the parade Saturday?

If you hit up PVR try tossing a Z Sppon from below the power plant.  That has been doing great for me lately.

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »
Mule Days eh?  I'm hoping to get through that area quick enough to where the crowds wont be a problem Friday. 

You will be fine if you go up on Friday ... we did it last year ,got to Bishop around 9:30 am and other than all the empty chairs along the sidewalk it was fine.

We are going up on Friday am ,home on Tuesday  :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Creek is Waiting...

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 09:05:49 PM »
Mule Days eh?  I'm hoping to get through that area quick enough to where the crowds wont be a problem Friday.  When is the parade Saturday?

If you hit up PVR try tossing a Z Sppon from below the power plant.  That has been doing great for me lately.

Parade is at 10am.  They will let you drive thru up until about 9:45am.  I remember driving thru one year at about 9:45am and waving to all of the people waiting for the parade, they closed the road right behind us.  There will be a detour before town to take you around the parade. 
The creek is waiting...

incrediblehuck

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »
Had an awesome trip.  Will post pictures up by tomorrow night.