Author Topic: Lake Sabrina, North Lake, South Lake or Rock Creek Lake Kayak Fishing  (Read 3166 times)

Angler_yak

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, I'm new to this board and I love fishing the eastern Sierras. I'm looking to escape the heat this weekend and get some peace and serenity on a lake. I will be kayak fishing so ease of unloading my kayak in the water is also a plus. Which lake would you recommend for a kayak fisherman amongst the lakes I mentioned?

Also, what baits are working the best lately?

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
Re: Lake Sabrina, North Lake, South Lake or Rock Creek Lake Kayak Fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 08:16:50 PM »
Yak, welcome to the board. an intro of where you live and likes w/b great.  I feel RCL w/b the best. The water level and accessibility is best also,  Post more info; get more info. TBC... ;)
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:37:00 PM »
Welcome ...yak!

My vote is for RCL, for a lot of different reasons. Enjoy the sunrise from your kayak and some pie afterwards.

Thanks for dropping in and hope you have a great trip.
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

Angler_yak

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 05:59:58 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I love in Ridgecrest so I'm just a little over two hours drive south and I love fishing in the mountains just to escape our summer heat. I thoroughly enjoy fishing from my kayak which makes the eastern Sierras that much better due to the low speed zones. Sometimes I tend to paddle on the lake and not catch a thing but the peace and picturesque views make up for the lack of fish for the day.

We spent a week camping on Lake Mary about three weeks ago in Mammoth and I was able to enjoy some time kayak fishing but the lake was too crowded most of the time so I want somewhere with less people this time. I've fished Convict And Crowley Lakes the past couple years of which I have to say I enjoy Convict Lake the best due to being surrounded by the beautiful mountains and it is cooler than Crowley.

I just heard a coworker talking about Rock Creek Lake last week so I was thinking of trying it out. I've been talking about hitting up Sabrina this summer as well but haven't had a lot of time to get up there but hopefully before the fishing season ends I can get out on a couple more of these lakes.

What is the best bait being used at RCL recently?

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »
If you want a lake with no crowd South Lake .We were up there 2 weeks ago and only saw 1 guy on the lake and he was in a Kayak. Not sure about the fishing ??
The Creek is Waiting...

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »
We use inflatable kayaks a lot on RCL. Had some luck trolling but best anchored just out of reach of those casting 10 lb weights from shore. Wet flies or lures.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock