Author Topic: Why So Few Trip Reports This Year? + Pics from Our Last Trip to Rock Creek  (Read 3852 times)

Moose

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Moose On Fire
Greetings everyone! I've been lurking on this board for many years, and finally registered today. Been coming up to Rock Creek for the last 20 years or so, and have a trip planned in early September. Just curious why there's been nary a trip report on the board this year, especially now that summer is almost over...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:46:51 PM by Moose »
Check out my blog:
www.mooseonfire.com

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Why So Few Trip Reports This Year?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:20:47 AM »
Welcome out of the shadows, Moose.  Your "neon moniker" is cool.  Hoping to have a trip report for ESN, Silver Lake, 20 Lakes Basin to post in late October, but no other trips than that this year.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Big Steve

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:45:10 AM »
I promise I'll post a trip report after I get home from being at Big Meadow from 8/30 to 9/5. If anyone's going to be in the area, stop and say hi and have a cold one. Look for a black 93 Chevy stepside pickup with real bad paint,

Moose

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Moose On Fire
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »
Glad to hear back from you two! Two buddies of mine and I are planning on arriving at Iris Meadow either the Tuesday or Wednesday after Labor day for at least 3 nights. I'll definitively post a trip report.

It definitely sounds like there's lots of bear activity this season, so we will be super vigilant.

Here's some highlights from our last trip:

Our campsite upon arrival:

Rock Creek:

Heading into LLV:

A frequent visitor to our campsite:

Time for a fire:

Some grilled tatoes:

Roadside Chicken:

Toasted marshmallows:

Dusk at the hot springs parking lot:

Day trip to Mammoth and view of the minarets:

Heading up for a shower:

This is what she was looking at:

Check out my blog:
www.mooseonfire.com

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Good follow up, Moose.  Sharp pics.  You made me ready to eat dinner and dessert even at 5:30 a.m.  Of course, I would like to have the campfire, hiking and some fishing, too  :camping:  :hiking2:  :fishing3:
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Great pics, will be watching for your report.
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

Packer

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
My trip report:
USA Hockey meetings in Conneticut Friday thru Sunday. Left flyaway at 4:00am yesterday to LAX.
Flight to Houston delayed so I would miss my connection flight. Rebooked to Dallas then to Washington DC then to Conneticut. Got to Washington DC and Conneticut flight cancelled. at 10:30 pm, no more flights and all flights on Friday from DC full. Rebooked to Detroit and then to Conneticut today so extra hotel cost in DC last night and just arrived in Detroit at 12:00 pm. Flight out to Conneticut should leave at 2:15. Wonder if anything else will change that!!

Ohhhh to be at the creek and not flying to multiple airports.
Pack it in, Pack it out...or have a Wrangler do it for you.

Big Steve

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Packer: With a trip report like we won't ask for pictures. I am counting down the hours until I am on my way.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Great set of pictures Moose.  :clap: Brings up some really great memories of the lake and LLV. You can come a be the chef at my camp anytime. I just got back from a week long backpack from Agnew meadow to Yosemite Valley that I'll try to put something together on soon.

Jmcclure83

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
I have my trip coming up on 9/16-9/21.  Your pictures are making me anxious!!!
Looks like a lot of fun Moose!