Author Topic: Its Raining  (Read 1940 times)

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Its Raining
« on: September 14, 2015, 01:35:24 PM »
Bring it on  :clap: :clap: :clap:  Just checked out the webcams and it is raining in the Sierras
The Creek is Waiting...

vhbcinc

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Re: Its Raining
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 11:22:07 AM »
10-18-15: 

Per Yosemite NPS - SR-120 over Tioga Pass is closed at Crane Flat due to snow. No estimated time to reopen.

Winter is starting...

Fran

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 03:26:38 PM »
Got home yesterday after 3 days at Mammoth.  Wednesday we hiked Convict but turned around when we got to the rockslide after the switchbacks.  One of us has very bad knees!  Thursday it poured at Mammoth all morning but we toured the lakes basin in the afternoon.  Friday we hiked Rock Creek trail.  Nice color on the beautiful new road, but we were surprised the last part was unimproved.  Oh well, that might keep the traffic down.  Made it to Long Lake but  the weather got really threatening looking so we headed back.  Of course it had improved by the time we got back to the parking lot!  But it was after 4:00 and a couple of Roberto's enchiladas lured us back to Mammoth.  Nice visit, but much too short.  Apparently it rained at Mammoth Saturday anyway. 
P.S to fishermen:  You should have seen the huge trout a guy caught at Convict!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:00:16 PM by Fran »

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »
RAIN!? I have 10" in the last 24hr...Still coming down. The F-1 race is postponed. Thanks god I live in the hills and it really effects the "Trailers down by the river!" *Chris Farley* RIP
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.