Author Topic: Rock creek road  (Read 1907 times)

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Rock creek road
« on: November 08, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »
Anyone know if the road is open to the lake? Going up for the closer on Thursday and would love to get some fall pictures.

Scout

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rock creek road
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »
I drove up to the Lake on Saturday, no problem until I got to the Resort, there's some snow and ice on the road right there. The gate is closed to get to the top of the Lake. I didn't go any farthere than the boat docks, I imagine the gate is closed at the Pack Station.
We got a little snow last night in Hilton Cr., no idea how much up higher. Fall colors pretty much turned black and brown when it got colder.

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 04:30:58 PM »
Thanks! I'll give t a try on Friday. Anyone else going to the closer? Toms Place 4:00 Friday for a Hot Toddy! I'm buying!

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »
Very tempting Keith
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

DoubleDingo

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 04:05:42 PM »
We went up Tuesday.  Snow was falling, snow on the ground was between a few inches to a foot in some areas.  It wasn't bad, but with the added snow that may have changed since Tuesday.  I have never been up to the lake when there is snow, was very pleased we were able to make it and not have to park at the snow park way down the canyon.  Was hoping to get some photos of the fall colors but it was too late, the leaves had fallen off the trees.  I know now to go in October at the latest.
Better is a dry morsel with quietness, Than a house full of feasting with strife. Pro. 17:1