Author Topic: Crowley cam this morning  (Read 3725 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Crowley cam this morning
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
Checked the cam a few minutes ago and you could see the tail of a hawk covering some of the camera lens. it sat there for about 3-4 minutes before I assume it flew off or maybe got blown off as I could see from the flag that the wind must be howling up there...There wasn't one vehicle in the parking lot and you could see a little fresh snow in the background....Guess the people up there for the holiday weekend are getting some less than perfect weather..

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Crowley cam this morning
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »
now that would have been fun to see!! 

i know we hit freezing here this morning....  and the wind is blowing too.   
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »
 :cold:  It was snowing at the lake this morning and down to East Fork...night temps have been down to freezing since Thursday.  It is suppose to warm up starting Sunday and be a nice week starting Memorial Day.
The creek is waiting...

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 12:20:51 PM »
We were at French camp 25th thru yesterday ,  :cold: snowed on us while sitting at the fire Friday night .Saturday morning snow on the ground but gone by the afternoon ,Sunday and Monday shorts and tank tops BEAUTIFUL !!  Saw an Eagle on Sunday morning flying above us in French camp "AMAZING"
For all you French camp lovers I get it now... this was our first time we usually stay in Eastfork but due to the possible weather we decided to stay lower and I was pleasantly surprised. French Camp is really nice :clap:  We did some  :hiking2:
 I had 2 slices of  :pie2: pecan chocolate chip and mudd
To many kids with us to do any real  :fishing3: and I met Bill at the resort at his book signing .
all in all a great trip ,countdown to the next one , 1 month until Eastfork  :camping:
The Creek is Waiting...

flyGirl

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »
Corey Baer, what book signing was that for?

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:54:55 AM »
"Sierra Dawning" by: Bill Walthall

I haven't read it but Bill was at the resort doing a book signing , he is on the Rock Creek Facebook page with more information
The Creek is Waiting...

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 04:48:36 PM »
Bill's a great guy.  He and his wife had us over to their tent trailer probably 10 years ago when we were working at the resort and they were camped at the lake w/ their daughters.  I'm going to have to pick it up for sure...

"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock