Author Topic: Saddlebag Lake Resort for sale  (Read 2356 times)

ccgincali

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Saddlebag Lake Resort for sale
« on: April 25, 2016, 02:17:07 PM »
Hi

Not a frequent poster here (I will try to do better since I have some trip reports that are neat) and I did not see this on the "board" but wanted to share news that according to their website, the resort at Saddlebag lake is for sale.   Apparently due to health issues the owners have decided to sell.  Since they are thanking people for their past patronage, it seems they will not operate it until sold so it seems unless a buyer steps in and takes over, there will likely be no resort operations this year.  I may be wrong, hopefully am, anybody in the know???

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Saddlebag Lake Resort for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:04:19 PM »
Thanks for letting us know. I hope that someone steps in and keeps the operation going.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:52:50 AM »
this is sad news...  sad that there are health issues,, and sad for us to loose the water taxi for a bit..

but here is our chance!  lets go together and buy it!     

PS:  thank you for posting ccgincali... but now you are commited to posting your trip reports!!!!    cant wait to see them!
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

littlefish

• Junior Creeker
  • California Native and Sierra lover for 60 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 04:30:24 PM »
How much is it?  Let's do it.  I hope my wife doesn't see this post.  lf

ccgincali

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »
It is $349,000.  Includes everything that you would see upon showing up there including boats and buildings.  Thought it would be more but with income only a few months a year it is hard to make a profit.

And yes I will get those trip reports posted in the next couple of weeks.  Covers more of Virginia lakes backcountry plus Gaylor lakes and Saddlebag back loop, just got to make sure the pictures come through properly.