Author Topic: Pie In The Sky  (Read 4410 times)

Williamsinhb

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Pie In The Sky
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:24:47 PM »
When does the restaurant open up? :pie2:

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Pie In The Sky
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 10:25:59 PM »
they usually open up in may... i just looked at their website, and didnt see a date yet...
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »
Memorial weekend is when they open...
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:00:43 PM »
Yeah, it'll open the Friday or Saturday of Memorial Weekend.

:doglick:
"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

Williamsinhb

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:53:19 AM »
Heading up  in a few weeks so it will be missed - guess I'll just have to keep dreaming of the pie

tanngrisnir3

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
Heading up  in a few weeks so it will be missed - guess I'll just have to keep dreaming of the pie

Probably not going to happen.  This was just posted on the US 395 Facebook page:

"Rock Creek Pie in the Sky.... I Just saw this on Rock Creeks fb page they posted today.I know many members that love their pies......After 37 years of pie making, Sue King is retiring her rolling pin. We will no longer be baking pies at Rock Creek Lakes Resort. We want to assure all of our customers that Sues legacy will carry on as we continue to serve delicious, home-made baked desserts, including the crumbles that we have been serving alongside pie for the last two years. The cafe and grill will continue to serve breakfast and lunch daily. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly. We have spent the last two years examining what the Resort has become, what it was, and what wed like it to be. We have discussed, analyzed, dreamed, and established a plan for moving forward.

We want to focus our energy and resources on creating a better experience in all aspects of the Resort. We are very grateful for the natural beauty that we are surrounded by, our cabin guests, and for all the campers and visitors wanting to spend their vacation in one of the most beautiful areas in California. We realize that Jim and Sue have worked hard to grow a wonderful business and we understand what Rock Creek means to so many people. The Resort will always be more than what we bake in the kitchen. Our goal is to continue Jim and Sues efforts of treating our guests like family and sharing our knowledge of Rock Creek Canyon and all it has to offer. We look forward to seeing you this summer!

-Steve and Amy"

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »
this is heartbreaking! it truly is a chapter that I don't want to accept!

beldingi

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
    • Mateo Lab
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 07:59:13 AM »

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 08:54:17 AM »
That's great and know we know "the rest of the story"
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

charlie

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 02:09:44 PM »
Thanks for the story.  We tried three times and failed every time to survive the line. Sometimes there is too much of a good thing. I'm sorry we never got a slice, but glad to here there may be a great barbecue and place to hang out when coming out of the backcountry. After a backpack trip some BBQ sounds great!!!!!