Author Topic: Missing Hiker & Dog Donner Summit 5/16  (Read 2884 times)

maverick

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Missing Hiker & Dog Donner Summit 5/16
« on: May 17, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »
The Placer County Sheriff's Office is conducting a search and rescue operation near Donner Summit for a hiker and his dog who did not return home as planned on Monday.

The Department says if anyone was hiking in the Loch Leven area, near Hampshire Rocks Road, on Sunday or Monday, and saw a young man named Cody Michael and his German Shepherd, please call the Sheriff's Office at (530) 886-5375.

Cody, is from Rocklin, and texted this photo to his family Monday morning, and he said he would be leaving the area by noon. They have not heard from his since.

He is 23-years-old, stands 5-feet, 10-inches tall, and weighs 175 pounds. He has brown hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing the clothes in the photo. His vehicle was found at the trailhead.

http://kfbk.iheart.com/articles/kfbk-news-461777/placer-county-sheriff-searches-for-missing-14722850/#ixzz48wnavYTi

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Hiker & Dog Donner Summit 5/16
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 03:29:45 PM »
whoa.. this one is in my back yard... I was actually thinking about heading that way in the next couple of days. 
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

maverick

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 05:22:10 PM »

whoa.. this one is in my back yard... I was actually thinking about heading that way in the next couple of days. 

If you have any photo's you have taken during the early season in this area, they could be extremely helpful in pin-pointing the location the video was taken at.  Thanks
http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14356#p107015

PS  Please load them up to the above thread.  Thanks

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:02:58 AM »
OMG! OMG! OMG!

they found them alive!

I just saw the military helo's fly over my house heading back to base.. and figured something was up,... so I checked for updates..

and yay!

now to learn some more details!

just watched a clip of his dog being brought in by a deputy... he looked good!  walking on his own 4 feet:)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:05:35 AM by Little Hardrock »

maverick

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 12:34:01 PM »
Very good news at that.
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 07:15:50 AM »
Love a HAPPY ending  :clap: :clap:
The Creek is Waiting...

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 09:32:16 AM »
I found this photo to be eye opening... it is the view from the search heliocopter...  it is of his campsite.. he did have the sence of mind to pitch his tent in an open area so it could be spotted,,, and he used duct tape to write out the word 'help' on a boulder .. in the photo it is directly above his tent.   it shows me that if we need to spell help.. we have to spell it REALLY REALLY big... he also put out something red on another rock.... but notice how the tent blends in?  time for all of us to carry bright pink duct tape, a bright windbreaker or something if we have to put it out... and a solar phone charger.. especially if you are depending on your phone for a compass or gps and the battery goes dead.      this area does have cell reception.. but that doesn't matter if your phone battery is dead:)