Author Topic: Rock Creek  (Read 2316 times)

Still Mostly Spinning

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Rock Creek's Message Board
Rock Creek
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:19:32 PM »
I've been camping and fishing on Rock Creek for a long time with pretty good success.  I'd like to try something a little different.  Are there any fish at all in the lakes between Mosquito Flats  and say Chickenfoot Lake?  I know for sure there are no fish in Eastern Brook Lake.  Walking the shore line there are lots of tadpoles.  A sure sign.  I'll give it a try this year, but would surely like a tip.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Creek
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 11:51:35 PM »
You will find fish at every lake along the main trail and the creeks in between. You won't be sorry.

John Harper

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:15:08 AM »
Yes, and it's one of the best hikes up the trail in the entire Eastern Sierra.  Fish in all the lakes and creeks up the trail.

John

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »
Your right that Eastern Brook Lakes are fishless.  The good news is there are fish just about everywhere along Rock Creek.  Youíll find mostly Brook Trout and Rainbow Trout in most lakes and streams, with an occasional Brown Trout found in some of the lakes.  I do best in the creeks between the lakes, but itís all good!
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Still Mostly Spinning

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Rock Creek's Message Board
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 08:05:13 AM »
I've hiked to Chicken Foot several times, but always with my wife.  I'm thinking an early morning assault on the back side of Box Lake.  It will be for throwing metal.