Author Topic: The perfect vacation  (Read 1544 times)

Still Mostly Spinning

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Rock Creek's Message Board
The perfect vacation
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »
There's a lot to be said for trying new spots and new adventures, but I think I have perfected the 2 week rat race escape.  First off, my wife really enjoys camping and takes her share of the trip seriously.  Except for grilling, she does all the menus and cooking!  I am on the hook for a least one trout meal.  Never fear.  So it's 10 days at East Fork.  On the back of the camper is a 225 Yamaha.  Light enough that I can put in on the carrier by myself and enough horse power to haul us up and down the mountain at a good enough pace.  With that I can hit any fishing hole on Rock Creek, park any time I want at Mosquito Flat and even buzz up to Mammoth for growlers.  Fishing, reading, eating, camp fires, sleeping.  Am I missing anything?  10 days of that go by fast.  Then a long weekend at Mammoth for the Bluesapolluza.  Oh my.  The mellowest kegger in the world.  Serious adult entertainment.  Blues and beer.  I'll be retired someday and it'll be a whole new standard, but for now, vacation perfected.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The perfect vacation
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 11:45:58 PM »
sounds perfect.....   are you ready to go now?
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Still Mostly Spinning

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Rock Creek's Message Board
Re: The perfect vacation
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 05:42:07 PM »
http://mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/

The first weekend in August.  It isn't the casual weekend it was in the beginning.