Author Topic: Fathers Day weekend  (Read 1718 times)

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Fathers Day weekend
« on: June 23, 2016, 01:42:45 AM »
My wife and grandson loaded me in the Sequoia and whisked me away to Bishop/Mammoth for the Fathers Day weekend. Here is a series of pictures my wife took of me catching a bow with my fly rod. This is the Middle Fork of Bishop Creek just below Sabrina Lake.

I know it's not good fish handling. The fish ended up on the ground because my wife insisted on a picture of me holding it and he slipped out of my hands. That was her only chance because he went back in the water right after that.

Big Steve

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Re: Fathers Day weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
Looks like a great way to spend Father's Day. My son and his girlfriend took me to the Peterson Automotive Museum on Wilshire Blvd in LA. But, rather than drive, we took the Metrolink from downtown Riverside to Union Station in LA, then hopped on the Purple Line subway and rode that out to Wilshire Blvd. Then we got on an LA Metro Rapid bus and took that to the corner of Wilshire and Fairfax. I'm telling you, I would much prefer this type of trip to driving. Metrolink has a weekend day pass, for $10 you can go anywhere Metrolink goes, and the subway and bus transfers are free. It would cost me at least $30 to drive, plus $12 to park at the museum. We then reversed our trip, and had some time to kill at Union Station, so we walked across the street to Olvera Street and had lunch. All in all a great way to spend a day with my Boy.

fishpole

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »
Stayed home on Fathers day. My daughter come over and cooked ribs for us. MMMM good :clap: :clap: :clap:

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 01:34:27 PM »
I worked on Father's Day, who does that?

That would be more like Mother In Law's Day.    /-8
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »
good times you guys....   well, maybe not so much for paul:)

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....