Author Topic: Nellie Bly  (Read 24769 times)

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Nellie Bly
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 04:42:14 PM »
Im sorry for the picture being so small.  I don't know how to make it bigger.  The bigger I did the more it kept saying the file is too large!

You could use Photobucket too, which is an free image hosting site for storing and sharing photos and videos on internet forums, like ours.  Offers up to 2 GB of free storage for your photos.  It automatically configures your photos so no worry there.

Here are online instructions on how to post using Photobucket:

http://www.rockcreeklake.com/board/index.php?topic=16.msg130 - msg130

"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
Nice picture taken in 1925 of Nellie Bly

Check out today's Google cartoon

" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

sandyza

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 07:58:38 PM »
My family used to go to the Upside Down House when it was at Nellie's place on the west side of the 395 on the north edge of Mono.  She used to give us kids a piece of hard candy after we went inside the House.  Very nice lady.  And we camped up at Lundy when she owned the place there but I was only about 4 or 5 then.  We grew up camping there for many, many years and knew and played with the next owner's children every summer.  I was so thrilled when I read that the House was being restored and moved to the Museum.  Just got back from Mono Village 2 days ago and on the way home hubby & I stopped there to take pics & show our grandchildren (5 & 8) and they LOVED IT!!!