Author Topic: Headed up in two days!  (Read 2253 times)

amp0909

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockcreeklake.com
Headed up in two days!
« on: July 06, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »
Hey everyone.  I am a newbie to this site.  I have no idea why I haven't found this sooner.  I will be headed up in two days and can't wait.  I have been visiting Rock Creek Lake ever since I was a baby.  My great grand parents have been going since the 1920's and it's been a yearly family tradition ever since.  All I can say is I love it there.  There's nothing like that feeling of finally pulling off the 395 and turning into Tom's Place and seeing the sign that says Rock Creek Lake 9 Miles.  Those die hards will know what I saying.  I will always remember those fond memories of sitting next to my grandpa on the lake just waiting for the fish to bite.  My wife loves it there too.  This will be the second time she has been there.  I will continue to go every year and look forward to carrying on the family tradition. 

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Headed up in two days!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 04:55:35 PM »
Hope you have luck like this kid did and make new memories that will last a lifetime!

From the Rock Creek Lakes Resort Facebook page for July 1st, 2016 Nathan Robere from Valley Center, CA caught a 5 lb. 15 oz. Rainbow on a mosquito fly out of Rock Creek Lake. 

"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Still Mostly Spinning

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Rock Creek's Message Board
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »
2 more weeks for me.  I can't think of anything else and buying fishing tackle I probably won't use.

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 06:14:31 PM »
One thing for sure, there is no such thing as too much fishing tackle. My wife just might disagree with that though.

Still Mostly Spinning

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Rock Creek's Message Board
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 09:00:46 AM »
I win this easily with the wife.  Just ask her how many pairs of shoes does she have?

I started buying stuff from FishUSA.  Pretty nice and they ship really fast.