Author Topic: The creek at last!  (Read 2053 times)

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
The creek at last!
« on: September 21, 2016, 10:01:27 AM »
Finally getting back up to Rockcreek Tomorrow! Should be nice and cool, especially at night. Hopefully get into a nice Fall bite. The scenery should be outstanding! The last 24 hours before a trip is the longest wait. Good fishin!

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The creek at last!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »
Should be a bite in the air Keith, it was 19 in East Fork last Wednesday morning. But we were in a cabin at the lake. :lol2:
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 11:46:53 AM »
Great time to come to Rock Creek.  Crowds are gone, weather is cooler but still nice, fall colors are in full bloom and the fishing is usually very good!  Iíll be up there in 2 weeks.  Save some fish for me! :fishing3:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »

should be fabulous!    no crowds, good fishing, AND fall colors!   wowsers!  enjoy!
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »
I'll be up there next Wednesday for 5 days....Hope the Upper Owens is better fishing than it was 2 weeks ago....River was filled with weeds and the fishing sucked..One fish in 8 hours of fishing and not one bite...

Obi96

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 08:19:06 AM »
I started to visit the 395 corridor every year or two with my son since he was 8 1/2. The area from Sonora pass to Lone Pine got to feel as familiar to me as my back yard over time. Now that my son is in College, my trips to the Eastern Sierras are scarce.
I could go alone, but can't bring myself to do it. To me, the whole place requires me to grab someone by the arm and say, Wow! look at that view, fish, waterfall etc. just so I know I'm not imagining what I see before me. It's a magical place and I envy those who can go as often as they wish.
Until the stars align and we can both go out again, I'll continue to enjoy everyone's post and pictures.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:20:37 AM by Obi96 »

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 01:05:09 PM »
Was at Iris last night was rainy/windy cold... Moving to French tonight; then Tioga tomorrow. Keith I txt you! Tried 1/2 moon yesterday; wimped out b/c of cold. Back at the stables another couple were just going to the pass at 13:00 just as it started to rain. I bet it was miserable.
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 08:44:42 AM »
SS

Hope you have a great time and Tight Lines !! 

I think they are having Octoberfest in Mammoth this weekend !
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !