Author Topic: Snow around French Camp  (Read 1714 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Snow around French Camp
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:45:07 AM »
Scout,,,, wonder if you can give a update on what the snow conditions are around French Camp..Still hoping they might be open for the opener and not the May 5th date listed..

Scout

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Snow around French Camp
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:05:46 AM »
The snow is melting in French, a couple of feet in some spots, bare dirt in others. No idea what to expect, the host is down in Tuff, but not in French yet. If I see the guy in Tuff, I'll ask him what they're planning. The road in French is plowed, but not the parking spots for each site. I'll go check out the upper end...you like #66, right?

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 12:52:22 PM »
66 is my favorite

Scout

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 12:50:26 PM »
French Camp is now more dirt than snow...site 66 is clear, except for a small drift in the driveway, should be gone in a couple days. Now you just have to find out if they'll open for the Opener...I haven't seen anybody that I can ask.
If they don't open French or Tuff, Holiday should dry out soon, it should be open...but you never know.

Scout

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 12:33:55 PM »
I finally found the camp host in Tuff, he said the company still has May 5th as the opening date for Tuff and French, even though the snow is gone. Sounds like more politics than anything else,,,actually just sounds like BS...there's a chance they'll change their minds, I'll keep in touch with the guy, if something changes I'll let you know.
He did say that Holiday will be open if the other two aren't.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
would 'they' have any liability to the reservations they cancelled if they opened before the 5th?
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 07:39:41 PM »
I went into Holiday some years back and the place was a absolute dump...overgrown with weeds etc.. I have never seen it open during the season and I doubt very many people use it during the winter..

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 07:51:29 PM »
I maybe be driving up this opener with out a plan of where I am going to stay.. this feels like poor planning and not to much snow.
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!