Author Topic: No opener reports?  (Read 1547 times)

Sierraslam

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
No opener reports?
« on: May 01, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »
I don't see any reports from th 2017 opener. Did anybody make it up? I'm heading up this Thursday night. I'll let you know how it goes! Have a great season everyone!!

Fishing4Gold

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Re: No opener reports?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 06:40:29 PM »
I also thought there might be some reports, tight lines to anyone fishing!

fishdad

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 07:42:45 PM »
Here's a link to some of the nicer catches from the weekend.

http://www.easternsierrafishreports.com

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »
I was up there. We left Sunday night. I was skunked.. never experienced that before. First time for everything I suppose.
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 11:58:04 AM »
Skunked?... you???  No way!   

Where did you end up staying?
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »
I don't see any reports from th 2017 opener. Did anybody make it up? I'm heading up this Thursday night. I'll let you know how it goes! Have a great season everyone!!

Keith
We'll be in the Mammoth area Thursday just messing around. No fishing gear this trip.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 04:15:02 PM »
I was all packed up ready to spend a week in French Camp but found out from the host they are not open yet until the water is tested....I don't like Tuff campground at all so I unpacked my gear and will hopefully go next week.....I missed the opener this year first time in many many years...

I got skunked on the opener about 3-years ago on the Owens River...Fished two days on the river and never had one darn bite....Didn't feel too bad because 90% of the other folks were getting skunked also..

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »
Woke up around 6am for work thursday, was off by 5pm, pack and waited for my buddy to be off. Left socal just after midnight and headed straight to convict lake camp. Was probably the third camp set up around 8am. Took a nap (28 hours later) around 10am until about 4pm. And then went glassing for some deer. Found some up in the mountains, put the stalk on them and got within about 100 yards. That was the most exciting thing this trip. .... I will do this every trip this year in preparation for pulling a tag in that zone this year or next hopefully with all the points I'm collecting from not getting drawn every year.

Friday night was incredibly cold. Everything was frozen and Seth has icicles in his beard.

Fished the opener until we couldn't see our poles any longer McGee/convict had 1 strike and that's about it..

Started early Sunday and fished until about 345p still nothing. I tried EVERYTHING.

I had a blast but still find myself a bit empty feeling after this trip.

I'm headed up next weekend for REDEMPTION.  :rotflmao:
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!

Fishing4Gold

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »
Thanks for the reports even if you didn't get out there, Counting down the days until my trip in a month!