Author Topic: Conditions of Rock Creek Rd and Rock Creek Lake campsit  (Read 1100 times)

dsfosteryyz

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Conditions of Rock Creek Rd and Rock Creek Lake campsit
« on: June 02, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »
Looking to camp at Rock Creek Lake campground in sites 21-26 (far side of lake, walk-in with wheelbarrow) possibly June 21-25, can anyone comment on current status of road from store to far side of lake? Is Rock Creek Rd open up to Mosquito Flats yet (for hikes)? Do you think it is likely the lakeside campsites will be open by June 21? Trying to make plans, is it a risk to try June 21 or should I push this out?

Engine27

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Re: Conditions of Rock Creek Rd and Rock Creek Lake campsit
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 08:56:23 PM »
I'm up in the area now fishing , don't know what day we are going to fish Rock Creek lake but when we do I will let you know what I find out. As of last week the road was not open, Ray.

Packer

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:22:33 AM »
Ha Ha Ha, Backpacking-Car Camping-Trailer Camping. Now there is a new one, Wheelbarrow Camping! :lol2:
Pack it in, Pack it out...or have a Wrangler do it for you.

Engine27

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »
Going up tomorrow at sun rise to fish , fill you later in the day, Ray.

Engine27

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
The gate is still locked just past the bathrooms for driving  access to the lake but the road all the way in is snow free. The lake is over 50% thawed out and the water level is very high with lots of picnic tables in the lake water. Had lunch at the store and the gals there said they don't know when it will be open but to check face book for updates. The road to mosquito flats is open to the packing station only and still lots of snow up there. Hope this helps with your plans, Ray.