Author Topic: Birthday Trip This Weekend  (Read 830 times)

amp0909

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockcreeklake.com
Birthday Trip This Weekend
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:56:30 PM »
After taking our annual Rock Creek Lake trip in July I thought it would be a good idea to head back up this weekend with my wife to spend my birthday on the lake.  We'll be heading up tomorrow and staying for a few days.  When we were there in July the water levels were still crazy high.  The rocks we normally sit on were completely under water.  I'd say the lake was about 3 feet higher than normal.  Walking around the lake still had water runoff coming from all over the place.  I have never seen it like this before.  I'm not quite sure what to expect when we get up there tomorrow but that doesn't matter.  As long as I'm up there I'm good.  We plan on fishing every day (yes my wife gets up early and fishes every day with me).  We'll also do some hiking.  Hope you all enjoy reading this.  This forum is also my way of taking mental vacations knowing that so many of you out there enjoy the outdoors.  Rock Creek Lake is a part of my life and can't imagine my life without it.  I wonder how many of you feel the same.

RockToad

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Re: Birthday Trip This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 03:09:49 AM »
Right on!  Happy Birthday!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:11:56 PM by RockToad »

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 06:42:17 AM »
Yeah, I feel the same way.  Kind of my “Happy Place” I like to call it.  To spend it during your birthday makes it even more special.  Happy fishing (and Birthday)! :camping: :fishing3: :hiking2:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 02:21:21 PM »
Enjoy !!   And then enjoy for all of us too!   
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....