Author Topic: Last trip of the season  (Read 363 times)

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Last trip of the season
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:14 AM »
Got to French Camp last Wednesday, first thing I noticed was the fishing hole next to the DWP gauge across from site 67 was completely filled with rocks and boulders about 4 feet deep.. That large pool had been there forever but sadly the runoff completely filled it with a massive amount of large rocks..Another nice fishing hole across from sites 72-73 had a tree fall into the creek and it was also filled with rocks.

Wednesday night the wind roared down the canyon  50-60 MPH until about 3 in the morning, needless to say I did not sleep at all...It was cold on Thursday and Friday, night temps in the 20's and high 40's low 50's during the day....Fished the Lower Owens on Thursday and Friday but only caught 4,,, river is still running high over 400 CFS.

Fished the Upper Owens on Sat/Sun. weather was cool and thankfully no wind.....Fishing was fantastic both days as I stopped counting fish at 60...Every fish I caught was 13-17 inches...I actually brought home my limit of 10 fish as I promised a neighbor I would bring them some trout home.

I was surprised the amount of campers on Wed, Thur and Friday there were about 20 in the campground. I wasn't able to get my favorite site  #66 and this was the first trip ever I had to camp in a non creek side site,,,had site 60 at the top of the loop which was OK....had no one even close to me.

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Last trip of the season
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »
Sounds like a great trip retired.

Get any shooting in this trip?
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Last trip of the season
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 11:24:31 AM »
Shot for 3 days. fired about 500-600 rounds..