Author Topic: Birthday Trip Recap  (Read 453 times)

amp0909

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockcreeklake.com
Birthday Trip Recap
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:53:34 PM »
First off, I have to say that this trip was probably one of the best I've ever had.  Not that is was my birthday, but because everything was just so perfect.  My wife and I got to the lake Friday morning and boy was it nice.  It was way cooler and you could tell the season was changing.  I did notice right away that the water levels were back to normal.  So of course our fishing spot wasn't under water this time.  We got up early Saturday morning and hit the lake for some fishing.  The fishing was amazing.  My wife and I both maxed out every day we were there and I even caught two huge monsters.  These fish were the biggest I've ever caught at the lake in all the years I've been going (happy birthday to me).  A lot of people were pulling out a lot of nice ones.  The board in the lodge was covered with photos of people and their fish.  Another thing that stood out right away was the absence of mosquitos.  Probably because it was cooler weather.  We hit the lake every day and had a blast with all the action.  Having a full stringer at the end is a very humbling feeling.  We took the hike up to Long Lake and soon as we got there it began to pour and I mean pour.  This made it fun.  We got soaked as if we jumped in the lake but hey, this hike was one that I will never forget.  The rain didn't bother us.  We just told ourselves, "we're wet and there's nothing we can do about it."  Every morning brought nice clear skies and no wind.  This trip was so relaxing.  I also took a great photo of the lake from our fishing spot and had it blown up which now is a focal point when you walk into our living room.  What can I say, Rock Creek Lake is my home away from home.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Birthday Trip Recap
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:18:36 PM »
That's the way to celebrate a birthday!   I was chased down the mountain with lightning strikes too close for comfort during my stay at a Golden trout lake.  The weather seems to change on the hour sometimes.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Gary C.

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:33:04 AM »
Sounds like a great trip. Catching so many nice fish is just frosting on the cake.

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 06:11:02 AM »
Great to hear amp.

Just another reason why early in the season and late in the season are the best times to be at the creek......no bugs!
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 09:17:03 AM »
another great trip in the books!

yay!

love hearing this:)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....