Author Topic: How To Post Pictures - Instructions?  (Read 4549 times)

P A C

• Weekender
    • View Profile
How To Post Pictures - Instructions?
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »
As I said in another post/reply, I was just figuring out the old board - However I never learned or attempted to post pictures.

After previous crashes, one of the long-timers (hopefully that is 'PC' enough - definitely meant out of respect and appreciation for their contributions) would re-post the instructions on How To Post Photos as the question invariably comes up.

Don't remember if it was Little Hard Rock, Rock'n'Creek Girl or Mikki that posted, but whomever it was, or knows, can we all ask a favor that you please post those instructions again, wherever appropriate on the board?

Thanks for your contributions past, present and future!

Best to all, P A C

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: How To Post Pictures - Instructions?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:14:11 PM »
P A C,

I remember stumbling through Photobucket and finally figuring it out, but that's the only instruction/direction I can point you toward.  I believe it was Mikki who had the thorough info.

Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »
ok, here goes nothing...  er, hopefully photos!   I use photobucket, so i am going to say how it works from there.

save the photos to your computer...

go to photobucket, and upload the photos to there.  If you plan on putting them into albums on photobucket, go ahead and do that BEFORE posting them to the board, as if you move them after posting to the board, the link will be broken, and your photo will dissappear from the board.

save your photos.

minimize photobucket...    and open the message board in a seperate page.

start your post.. write until you get to a spot that you would like to place a photo.. i usually hit enter a couple of times to put some space between my writing and the photo.

go back to photobucket, and hover the curser over the photo until a drop down appears.. go to the bottom one where it says 'ING' image...   left click in that space, and it will say 'copied'

now go back to the board,,,   put your curser where you want the photo to go, and hit paste.   A bunch of writing will appear, not the photo.   

you can then space down, continue writing, add more photos or whatever...   then hit post like normal.   i usually go back into the post to make sure the photos 'stuck'... when you go into read your post, you will see the actual photos.

let me know if anyone has any questions!  its not hard,, but it can be alot of back and forth:)

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

P A C

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
Thanks LHR!  Very helpful and appreciated.  Best, P A C

Mcgee Dude

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 12:05:55 PM »
ImageShack.com I've found to be the easiest. Click the big button that says "browse" this will let you browse any pictures saved to your computer.

Double click the image you want.

Then click the big button called "upload".

Then choose the code it generated for you called "forum code".

"copy" that code and "paste" it to the forum.

"Preview" your post before you post it to make sure they worked and are the right size ... And win!
Still waiting on my RCL Club Patch!