Author Topic: Week at the Creek May 28 - June 4  (Read 2718 times)

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
Week at the Creek May 28 - June 4
« on: June 08, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
We had a nice week at the creek last week. The weather was great after low's in the 20's over Memorial Day Weekend.  We left just in time as the weather was going to dip down into the 20's.  So if you are going up, be prepared for everything...even snow at this point. Iris Meadow was still closed when we left...so who knows when it will open.

We fished up at the Lake from the shore three different days and caught beyond our limits (catch and release) all three days!  The best bait was a bubble and a fly and...pink salmon egg power bait?  Now, we don't usually use powerbait but at times when nothing else works we will give it a shot.  We tried and tried and then I had these pink powerbait ball things...OMG!  The first day we went thru one jar!  It was so crazy we actually stopped fishing with them because it was just too easy.  So I am definately stocking up on those things. 

The mosquitos were hatching, so be prepared.  The water level is also already low and is where it usually would be around August...so I can only imagine what it will actually look like come August. 

There is a new sporting goods store down in Bishop...Reagan's Sporting Goods.  They have a pretty good set up and sell fishing licences!  They are located in the old Napa, next to the Starbuck's.  Nice folks, so if you like to support the locals then make a stop. 

Topped off the trip with a big slice of Mud Pie  :pie2: 
The creek is waiting...

Sierra Girl

Re: Week at the Creek May 28 - June 4
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 05:50:39 AM »
Thanks for the report RockNCreekGirl!  I'll have to try the mud pie next time I'm up there!  :lol:

Scott

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:01:01 AM »
Thanks for the report!  I'll check out the  new sporting goods store in Bishop, Reagan's Sporting Goods.  Thanks.

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 02:01:11 PM »
Sounds like a nice trip, good weather, good fishing and PIE !
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

oakboy

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 08:00:29 AM »
Thanks fro the good advice.  The Fam and i are headed up in 2 weeks and we will have a few jars of the pink salmon egg Power bait.  Mud pie sounds awesome!

:pie2:

<><
KP
<><

KP

High Sierra

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 08:20:01 AM »
Sometimes when it's slow, I will put a salmon egg on the hook of my fly and had quite of few strikes on that hook-up.  Can't hurt!