Author Topic: Float Tube Crowley  (Read 197 times)

Still Mostly Spinning

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
    • Rock Creek's Message Board
Float Tube Crowley
« on: June 30, 2018, 06:58:09 AM »
First time float tube fishing.  Where to launch and fish Crowley?  I'll probably recon first just to see where anyone else is.  I'd be guessing the inlet, if there's any depth there.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Float Tube Crowley
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »
Float tubing is very popular at Crowley, but you must keep an eye on the strong winds, which come up suddenly.  You can launch at South Landing if you wish, or drive to the area you wish to fish and launch there.  Just be careful to avoid the muddy areas.  Get a good map of Crowley Lake with all the dirt roads around the lake.  You can always get one at the tackle shop.

The lake level is still high as of last week.  The best fishing was in the inlet of McGee Creek, especially fishing in the channel.  A lot of quality fish are being caught, mostly in the 18"-20" range.  Also, Crooked Creek and Beaver Cove fishing was good and very popular for Float Tubers.

The damselfly nymph hatch was hot when I was there last week.  The large trout were hitting it hard throughout the day.  Midges were also working, try a Zebra or Tiger Midge if your so inclined.  Best regards! :fishing3:

"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."