Author Topic: Very Short Report  (Read 654 times)

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Very Short Report
« on: September 14, 2018, 01:19:19 PM »
Spent 9/5 to 9/12 at the Lakes Resort. Great weather but saw few fish. Caught one 14" on green mini jig and had one good hit casting a brook pattern kastmaster deep from a boat. Saw a lot of schools on the fishfinder but nothing hitting. The exception was a few float tubers with lead core trolling at about 60 feet deep. They a lot of fish in the 3-5 lb range. Saw one 5lb caught on Tasmanian Devil. I talked to few regulars who indicated it was the worst fishing they had seen at the lake. We didn't fish the backcountry this trip... combination of getting too old or just plain lazy.

Had a brief visit with Scout and fired a few hundred rounds out in the area where Roy shoots. MJ brought several weapons and I brought three. My aim was about as good as my fishing but it was fun.

Some colors starting above lake.

AS always an enjoyable visit to the Sierra.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Very Short Report
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »
How did you like the shooting area

bj

• East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 09:34:07 PM »
Roy

When I said in the area where you shoot, I meant nearby like within a mile and a half. We took that turn off and went the wrong way. I didn't have the coordinates with me so we missed it. Found an area southeast of your spot with good backstops so we stayed there. Used a Findme Spot for the coordinates of that area so it was interesting to look at the two sites on Google earth.
" Rock on..........Rock the Creek"
Hardrock

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 01:10:38 PM »
I been hearing the “No Fish” theme more this year than usual.  I’ve been told its slow lately at Virginia Lakes, Tioga Pass, June Lake Loop, Convict Lake and Rock Creek Lake from fishing reports from the resorts.  By the way don’t bother fishing at “Saddlebag Lake” as they are not stocking it and draining it down due to a sinkhole found near the dam.  Bishop Creek is fishing great this season with lots of stockers and big one’s available to catch.  Back-country fishing has been epic all through the Eastern Sierra!

Fish or no fish, its always great to visit the Sierra
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."