Author Topic: June Loop TR  (Read 2546 times)

2dtrails

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
June Loop TR
« on: June 17, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »
Me and a buddy spent 3 days camped at gull about 2 weeks ago.  Weather was awesome, we were there during the full moon and i was hoping it wouldn't have to much of an effect, but the fishing was the toughest i have ever had to deal with.  The first day we left the loop, drove up to Upper Twin out of bridgeport.  My buddy had never been there so i wanted to show the place off.  We were gonna float tube, but couldnt pass up the $25/half day boat rental.  We fished from 7-10:30, had some bites but couldnt land a fish(that was my problem this whole trip).  We bailed and got some lunch, grabbed the waders, and hit Rush Creek  below Silver.  My buddy landed a small brown and a rainbow drifting Pautzkes salmon eggs, i got the Ol' skunk again, throwing my usual Panther Martins and drifting various other baits.  While cooking dinner at camp that night i landed 1 bow out of Gull on a trout egg off the bottom.  Woke up the next morning at 5, hiked into Parker for no love(no suprise there).  Rush creek after that for another skunk.  While cooking dinner that night, i had a trout egg on the bottom, and a MONSTER hit it, set the hook, lost the battle trying to take my time and ease him in, he came unhooked. AHHHHHHH   Set up the tube that evening, both poles were set up with various trout worms on jig heads, I couldnt keep the damn Crappies off my line, missed a couple more nibbles(whats goin on here???)  Same story the next morning in the tube before we had to head home.  Realized on the way back i was trying to set the hook to soon with my trout worms, i think i was just yanking the tails out of there mouth, lessoned learned i guess?  Still a great trip with great weather.

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: June Loop TR
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »
Fish or no fish, still sounds like a good time. Away from the city and in gods country, anything else is a bonus!  :goodpost:
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 10:15:18 PM »
Crappies at June Lake?
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

2dtrails

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 10:46:25 PM »
I dont know about June, but Gull lake has em'.  I was surprised to find them in there also.  I jigged back and forth from my campsite,  to the rocky cove with the tree swing.  I think they were the source of all my light nibbles and missed hook sets.