Author Topic: East Fork question  (Read 1811 times)

Mimi McKell

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
East Fork question
« on: June 18, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
I am lamenting the fact that Iris Meadow isn't open yet (and latest word is "July 4th???" -- why did they wait so long???) and I have a trip planned (and meeting 2 other folks) later this week. So I'm trying to come up with a plan B and C and.........

How much of East Fork is first come-first served? Are there any non-reservable sites by the creek? I know so many of you love, love, love EF but I am an Iris girl! Any advice would be appreciated!

Mimi

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: East Fork question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:55:52 PM »
A lot of the creekside sites are reservable,  just ask Corey :lol: :rotflmao:,  but I think some of the ones in the upper part of the campground might be first come first serve.   I do know there are quite a few spots not on the creek that are first come first...they may not be on the creek,  but that can be a good thing,  not nearly as crowded...
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:57:28 AM »
You may want to try Upper Pine Grove or Pine Grove. Those campgrounds are first come first serve. If you are leaving early friday then thats a good time to get a site. I'm sure that you will have fun no matter where you stay. :camping: :fishing3: :pie2:

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 01:11:12 PM »
The whole upper part of Eastfork is non reserve ,maybe 7 are on the creek.

You are so funny Terry  :lol2:
The Creek is Waiting...