Author Topic: French Campground Wireless capabilities?  (Read 2120 times)

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
French Campground Wireless capabilities?
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »

OK...I know that when you venture up the mountain towards RCL there is no wireless capabilities for a laptop.
     Does anyone know if a wireless device gets reception at French Campground? Normally I would never dream of bringing
     such a human leash, but I just cannot get out of school for the time I have scheduled to be there (July 12th -18th). I know
     there are free WiFi places in Mammoth Lakes. but would rather not have to drive there every day to do my assignments.
"Don't get no better than this!"

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
Re: French Campground Wireless capabilities?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
I have an aircard that i can use from french camp or at toms... but as far as i know, tom's does not have a wireless connection thru their business..

i have also had sucess with asking the lodge to buy some airtime to check email thru their wireless network..(they have a satilite connection)  they ususally charge me a dollar or 2.

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Troutmom

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »
Do you have one of those smart phones ? I think you can use the wifi hot spot from it. - I don't know why but I get service on my phone up at the lake just lucky I guess.  I also agree with Little Hardrock - buy some airtime from the lodge - you can eat pie and do your assignments - sounds better than driving to mammoth.
Kim

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I didn't think of the Lodge having WiFi. Not really the best scenario of a vacation to have to keep your nose to a computer for a few hours a day, but I guess if that's the cost of making it up there I will take that challenge.
"Don't get no better than this!"

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »
just to clarify... the lodge is by lower corral... not at the resort with the pie:)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....