Author Topic: We are back!  (Read 22445 times)

Fredb

Re: We are back!
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »
Not at all  ::)

flyGirl

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »

I hope y'all don't end up bailing on the board because of the issues...

I think many members have bailed Creek Dude!  We used to have over 300 + members, now only 77 members as I type this.  Where did they all go to?

OldSarge

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
I don't think that many serious Creekers have punched out permanently.
There were many one-posters who just asked a question, or made a single comment.

I think that many members will filter back in as the season progresses.

Thanks for the hard work, Creek! ;D

Oldsarge
Smokey's watching you!

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2012, 01:12:27 PM »

I hope y'all don't end up bailing on the board because of the issues...

I think many members have bailed Creek Dude!  We used to have over 300 + members, now only 77 members as I type this.  Where did they all go to?
Yeah, Old Sarge is right...of those 300+, many NEVER posted, and I'd say well over 100 hadn't even logged in for over a year...they had bailed long ago.  So I actually like new starts, because the people that are on here now are actually on here!  In addition, some of those were bots that registered and were counted.  I tried to delete them, but some got through...

Watch what happens...as the summer approaches there will be several 1-post folks that will register, ask their question, and be gone.  The numbers will look like we have lots of folks on here, but the reality is that maybe only 35 people actually login and participate in a given day.  In July and August it'll probably be a little more.

This current group is the group that will be at the Club in July and has been there in the past.  Many have been here for a LONG time...like pushing a decade...no kidding.

Who on here used to do the chats on Sunday nights back around 2002??  This thing goes back that far, and we've been through probably 6 different board formats during that time...thanks for "Thinking Creek" w/ me all that time.
"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
While I didn't participate in the chats, I do remember them. And as I mentioned before, when I first joined in the fun here, there was just one mile long running thread.
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2012, 07:10:04 PM »
Good to see everything back up and running. Only been a member for a year or two, but plan on being one for a long time !
Keep up the good work Creek Dude !
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »
Well said Creek. Some times its necessary to trim your inventory, and this little series of blips helped you. The people that are Creeker's not just fisher-people will always check in just to stay in touch with the place they Cherish. Would love to make a club gathering and meet the people who contribute to the forum you created maybe this year.

exodus

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »
Just wanted to say thank for the work you put into this board.  I don't post a whole heck of a lot, but I really enjoy the camaraderie and living vicariously through some of your adventures.  Here's to a great season!

Todd Johnson

• Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
  • The Creek is Waiting
    • View Profile
    • TRJ-Photography
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »
"The Creek is Waiting" - Hardrock - May he forever live on this board.