Author Topic: the non fish club report....  (Read 5235 times)

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
the non fish club report....
« on: July 16, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
after a late start thursday, even for me.... my friend misty and i were off to rock creek.  the late start did give us the opportunity to try out the new paninni place in bridgeport.. and it was yummy:)  sitting out on the patio eating, we realized that bridgeport looks like anywhere USA:

we got camp set up in the dark with the aid of retired and tk... thank you guys:)

we took off friday morning for a hike in the hoover wilderness out of saddlebag lake near tioga pass.....  it was one breathtaking view after another....  thank you keith (sierraslam) for giving me the thumbs up on this one!

Saturday morning it was off to little lakes valley.. and it was a perfect day for that.... the skies were blue,  and the wildflowers were everywhere:)

so back to camp... only to learn of retired's shower..imagine that!

well folks slowly meandered in for the feast.. i captured those i could before it got dark:

the obligatory shot in front of the flag:

just hanging and visiting:

Stacey (RnC girl), hubby Bob, and tk:

Michelle, Wayne (packer), Dennis, and Jeff (scout)

retired and mike (marine one) and family...

wayne and jeff (packer and scout) discussing whether it is this way or that:

Amarilla, Aida and the 2 foreign exchange students... Denise and Sunsili ( i know i did not spell that correctly!)

karl... you are looking good!

bill (bsstolton) and wife and my friend misty.... and the little guy in front is his grandson, who just happened to catch his first fish this weekend,, and his second, and third, and forth...

also there, but managed to escape the photos:  bill (fishermn) and his wife linda,  tim,  salom (of ab-sn).  jill (beldingi) was forced to miss the gathering as one of her students had to be taken to the hospital for an appendectomy...   geeze the things some folks do to get out of having a picture taken! :)

it was a great weekend to say the least!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:04:00 PM by Little Hardrock »
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Fredb

Re: the non fish report....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
Thanks Carol, Retired and Terry for your reports, sure wish I could have been there

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »
Thanks for the great pictures Carol
I did not escpe the pictures, talking to scout in first picture called hanging out

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 06:19:14 AM »
Once again, LHR, my day begins with a great report and pictures that take me far away from here.  The shot in Bridgeport is classic "anywhere in America".  The hike you had in the Hoover Wilderness area was gorgeous.

Next year I can only wish to be in a picture with the clan...oh, and catch some fish with R96 and TK, too!

Thanks!
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:01:59 AM »
Wish I had gotten there earlier...promised my kids I'd take them fishing and it went long.  Sorry I showed up so late.   :fishing3: 

Thanks for putting the club together again, Carol.  It was fun seeing Stacey's cabin and hanging out with the folks I hadn't met before...I would've liked to have talked longer w/ everyone before they crashed.   
:thanks:  :clap:

:camping:

"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »
Thanks for the great pictures Carol
I did not escpe the pictures, talking to scout in first picture called hanging out

oops.. so you are!  and you also have your happy face in the group photo!    my error:)   but made you look, huh? :)
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: the non fish club report....
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »
Dear Mrs Carol. I just now got around to reading this post after returning from my trip I did not know how I missed this one for two days after coming back! I can not thank you enough for your great efforts of making this happen. Im am once again smiling after seeing all the great pics and reminding myself of all the great rock creek campers who are so welcoming and so charming characters. Mr Tim I wanted to thank you as well for proving access for all the great Rock creek campers to express their great camping knowledge of the sierras. Cant wait for next years get together. Come on Carol I know your already thinking of the dates....... ! I dont want to leave no creeked out! You are all wonderfull people. Mr BJ i would absolutely love to hear you playing your guitar next year!! Sinceryl....Marine one !

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »
Carol you did another awesome job organizing this year's Club event.  Terry would be proud to know that you have carried on his legacy of bringing those together who love the creek.  Today I just found my 2006 Rock Creek Republic T-Shirt that Terry had made up back then.  It was nice to finally meet all those that have been leaving me notes over the years...and those that I have caught a pic or two of :)   Thanks to retired's clues on where he caught the big one...I found his secret spot...which I will keep secret.   Already getting ready for our next trip up...maybe Cheddar Pear Pie will be available by then.
The creek is waiting...

Claremont Dude

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 08:54:46 PM »
Really nice putting pictures with the message board names LHR! Sorry I wasn't able to make it up...maybe next year. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I do have a week booked in mid August at East Fork for a little  :fishing3: and maybe some  :pie2:

:thanks: for the pics!
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."- Henry David Thoreau