Author Topic: RCL 7-12 thru 7-15  (Read 4546 times)

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
RCL 7-12 thru 7-15
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
Had everything packed up and ready to go Wednesday night in the fishing (project) truck. Left the house at 5:30 am Thursday morning, after about 30 min on the road truck started making a weird noise that sounded like it was coming from the trans. Turned around and went back home and switched vehicles, we lost about 2 hours, not such a great start. Stopped at the Mt Whitney fish hatchery on the way up, so my grandson could feed the fish, they sure are a lot bigger than grandmas goldfish ! Got to Palisades campground around 2pm, to find the trailer setup under the trees and right by the creek (thanks again Carol). After we got settled in we all went up to the lake to go fishing. First cast with an orange PW, fish on, handed it over to my grandson and watched him reel in his first fish. How cool is that !

Friday morning my son in law and I got up early and fished by the boat docks while everyone else was sleeping. Only caught a couple then headed back to camp for breakfast. We drove up to the June loop and hung out by the playground at Gull Lake. Enjoyed the day fishing, playing in the playground and picnicking by the lake, a fun family day.

Saturday morning we got up early again and went to the inlet at the end of the campground road. This time it was game on, we c&r over a dozen fish and brought back about 7 or 8 all before breakfast. After breakfast we drove up to Mono Lake and toured the Tufaís and had a nice lunch by the water.
Saturday evening was the group event, which was a little smaller this year, but once again a great time was had by everyone. I donít think you could find a nicer group of people to hang out with.

Sunday morning my son in law and I made one last early morning run up to the lake for another round of fishing before we had to pack up. I came up a couple short of us both getting our limits, but we had another fun morning. Back to camp and we were almost packed and ready when they showed up to get the trailer. Said our final goodbyes than stopped at toms for breakfast, and then made the long drive home. Canít wait till the next trip !
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
Re: RCL 7-12 thru 7-15
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
Awsome bstollen! How great is it to be Grandparent's and watch and enjoy your childerns families evolve. I'll bet Jo Jo can't get enough of your Grandson.

teejay

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »
Just have to smile after reading your report. Thanks for posting!

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:13:33 AM »
Great family camping trip report!  Got to love it when the little ones catch fish!  Hope your truck did not cost too much to repair.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

SN

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »
great pictures.
 it was great meeting your family.

playingmenace

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »
That's a million dollar pic of that young man holding up that stringer.

How did you keep JoJo out of the water? I know, you likely didn't.

Paul
Life without music, laughter, and an Eastern Slope BBQ would be a mistake.

Remember Wounded Warriors

teejay

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
The smiles say it all!

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
in that photo a few up with nason holding the single fish.. cant tell for sure who is squealing louder,, nason or the fish! :)

great to see you again!  good times!
Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

bstolton

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »
When Mayson and JoJo get together its non stop action, its a game to see who can tire out who first and there never seams to be a winner.  :lol2:

JoJo doesn't understand the meaning of you cant go in the water.  :lol:
gone fishn, hope to be catchn soon !

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 06:54:06 AM »
Great times.  Great report!  Thanks, Bill.
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 09:26:56 PM »
Bill I'll  bet judging from Mayson's rash shirt that he and JoJo spent equal time in the water together. A child's best friend and best babysitter is a dog that loves them.