Author Topic: Fishing License Locations - Inyo/Mono Counties  (Read 2633 times)

trouter

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Fishing License Locations - Inyo/Mono Counties
« on: July 28, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »
I thought I read something on this a while back but could not find it so after having someone ask me I did some research and found a list on the DFG site. Being from Arizona I would always stop at Culvers on the way and get my 10 day non-resident license but since they don't sell them any more I have been going to Walmart in Lake Havasu.

The reason I never buy online is because I don't want to buy in advance in case something happens and I can't go during the preset 10 days. I always buy a day before going. If I knew for sure I was going twice in one year I would buy a full year license because it comes out about the same price but I never know for sure. This time I am going again so I will buy another $45.00 10 day license. I never mind paying for it because I know (hope!) it is going to raise more Trout or manage DFG.

Thank our administrator for the new attachment feature and see the attachment for the list. :thanks:

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing License Locations - Inyo/Mono Counties
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:57:12 PM »
You can buy one at K Mart in bishop. You can buy one at Crawley lake store. You can buy one im Mammoth. Dont worry. The options are limitles. But please, please. Continue to stop at your local bait and tackle shops! They are the best people around and you can always find what you need. I always stop at culvers on my way into town and get advice on fishing and for my personal life. I always buy bait too!

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 08:49:52 AM »
 You should be able to purchase this online the day before you leave for your trip. I think the way this works is if you do not have the time to wait for your license to arrive before you go, you can use the receipt (printed from the online purchase) as a licence. My nephew did this the day before we left for a trip on Memorial last year. Of course, he ended up leaving the receipt on the table at home and had to buy a replacement at K Mart in Bishop anyway (I believe that was an extra $10).
Anyway, I think the receipt copy is enough so you don't have to wait for the hard copy to come in.
"Don't get no better than this!"

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 06:09:03 AM »
I'm almost sure the receipt copy is good for about 2 weeks after you get your license online....