Author Topic: Heading up in two weeks  (Read 1882 times)

Big Steve

• Junior Creeker
    • View Profile
Heading up in two weeks
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:47:28 AM »
Hello everyone: I have posted here in the past but seem to have forgotten my original username and login (must be old age setting in!) So now I'm back. I've been coming to Rock Creek since my parents brought my sister and I up in the late 50's. She and I are coming up for a week from 8/19 through 8/25 and I can't wait. We try to come up every year, and we spent a week in Big Meadow last year. Just the chance to lay in my hammock and listen to the wind blow through the trees is heaven to me. She doesn't fish, but I do. If I catch some that's just icing on the cake. Just the chance to be away from phones and TV's for a week is good enough for me. I enjoy reading everyone's posts, and I get more charged p every time I visit. I usually log on in the weeks and months prior to a trip, but during the winter I sometimes need my RC fix and I'll log in just to see what's going on. If anyone will be at the Creek while we're there, I'd be happy to share a cold one. We're going to try for Big Meadow again. We've got a system/schedule that we've developed over the years that pretty much guarantees us a good spot. Last year when we arrived there were only 3 occupied spaces at Big Meadow. That's why we like it there, there aren't tons of sites, so it feels kind of isolated. Anyhow, save me some fish, I'll be there in two weeks!

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Heading up in two weeks
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »
Steve. I have always stayed at French camp. I think next hear im hoping to expand my horizons and stay at Big Meadow as well. I scouted it out on my last visit to the creek. Have a good time and enjoy every minute. Make sure you share all the details with us. Yes, Big Meadow looks very nice from what i saw and almost all the spots are up against the creek!

saudust

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Heading up in two weeks
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
Welcome back, Big Steve.  Oh, two weeks worth of anticipation is like a severe dose of happiness.  Have fun with both the trip and the build up to it!
Let me wake laughing from a nap in the afternoon under the aspens in the fall.