Author Topic: Olympics!  (Read 1932 times)

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Olympics!
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
Watching the Olympics is the greatest to see the champions! But most of all, i love hearing the short little stories of some of the "Olympians" !  The stories of how they got there are incredible. I can only imagine what it feels like to win gold for the USA. It puts a lump in your throat! GO  U S A !

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Re: Olympics!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:49:18 AM »
Agreed. I went to high school with a guy that went on a couple years later to the Olympic trials. He made it all the way and was one of the last cut. It was hard to see as this guy trained much of his life for that. All that training builds until that single day when they stand there representing their country. It is very emotional.
That small voice calling my name is the mountains,
and I must obey.

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »
i watched the single rower heat where one young mans dreams came true.. he did not win, in fact he came in dead last.. and quite a ways behind the rest of those in the heat...   but he rowed in the olympics!   and you should have heard the crowd when he crossed the finish line... it was incredible....louder than when the winner croseed the line.... and a standing ovation at that! 

i dont think there was a dry eye in the house.. or in the 'viewer world' for that matter.

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....

Little Hardrock

• Administrator
  • East Side Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:46:42 PM »
did you guys catch this photo?  i love it!

Hardrock, may his spirit live on in all of us.....