Author Topic: Guiding again  (Read 2570 times)

Scout

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Guiding again
« on: April 01, 2012, 10:21:24 AM »
Well, I finally decided to start having some fun again up here, so I'm renewing my Guide's License, after a lapse of almost twenty years. I'll be operating by myself, primarily in the Canyon, mainly fly fishing. I can teach you how to cast a fly, refine your casting,  show you where the fish are, and how to catch them. I teach the easy way to do it, try not to get too technical about things....the simpler the better.
I've fly fished the Canyon all of my life (that's a long time!), and feel it's one of the best places to teach. Beginners can usually hook into something, even if they're small. I consider that to be an important factor, catching something the first (or second, or third) time out, it lets you know that you're doing something right.
I'm in the process of getting everything together right now, should be ready to go by the time we can access the backcountry. I'm definitely cheaper than other guides in the area, only because I think they charge too much. If you're interested, you can contact me through  this board for now.
Thank you.
P.S. I did get permission to put this "solicitation" on the Board. I hope it's OK with everybody.

beldingi

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
    • Mateo Lab
Re: Guiding again
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »
That's great news! Good luck! You'll be able to get an early start higher up this year.

Maggie will be your #2, right?

Sierraslam

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »
I've missed you at Toms Place my last few trips. Good to see your doing what you really love to do.

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »
I think it great that youíre going back to guiding!  Nice of the Board to allow you to post it here.  Iím sure there will be some contacts coming your way from this topic.  Your own website could be helpful.
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Trev Dog

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »
GOOD FOR YOU SCOUT! Life is all about LOVE WHAT YOU DO, AND DO WHAT YOU LOVE!

Scout

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:17 AM »
Thanks for your input and support. Flyfishing is a passion for me, I really enjoy introducing people to it, watching their faces when they catch that first one, even if it is only a 6 inch Brookie.
Of course Maggie the Border Collie is my assistant, she enjoys the trips as much as I do.
History lessons are free.