Author Topic: Iris meadow  (Read 1628 times)

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
Iris meadow
« on: September 05, 2012, 08:31:32 PM »
How it the best way to secure a site at Iris Meadow? I always stay at French camp but next year I want to stay at Iris meadow. Its finally time to expand my Rock Creek expeditions to new locations after so many years at French camp.  I want to make absolute sure that I am able to get a spot on the creek at either French camp or Iris Meadow. So.....Is it wrong if i book a site at French camp and Just cancel the French camp reservation when i get there if I find a spot at Iris Meadow?? I need advice please.  I always reserve a trailer and have them spot it for me for my big camping trip in the summer around the time of the Rock Creek Get Together. 

RockNCreekGirl

• Eastern Sierra Legend
  • Creek Girl for Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Iris meadow
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:10:35 PM »
I am sure others will chime in as I haven't "camped" in awhile.  We used to do the same thing, book a site and hope for a better one.  Back then they would only charge you for the one day, so you might want to make sure the cancellation policies have not changed for reserved sites.  Coming up on a Sunday would probably be your best bet as that is when people tend to leave the canyon.   
The creek is waiting...

retired96

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Iris meadow
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:54:51 AM »
I like Iris during the warmer weather. my favorite sites are 6 and 7. 6 is on the creek and 7 is accross the creek but right next to the water spigot and close to the only bathroom...one of the problems with the creek side sites, people are always walking thru your site to fish.  sites along the exit road have no trees and are out in the open, the only people I ever see in them are the ones with large rv's or trailers.. Because there are only 14 sites you don't have alot of traffic....