Author Topic: Yosemite Night Sky  (Read 4390 times)

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
Yosemite Night Sky
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:20:55 AM »
Cool video on time-lapse taken in Yosemite National Park by Grind TV of the night sky and all the billions of stars!  Start video and put it in wide screen mode and turn on the sound.  Its in 1080p so bigger the screen the better.  Enjoy!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/34829/yosemites+night+sky+revealed+in+stunning+time-lapse+video/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:23:41 AM by wshawkins »
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
Re: Yosemite Night Sky
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 11:45:07 AM »
Very nice! The last 4 bag nights of my last trip were spent under the stars. It's just amazing the depth of the galaxy/universe if you just stare up in the heavens.
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

Claremont Dude

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Re: Yosemite Night Sky
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:41:57 AM »
Thanks for the great link! I was at East Fork a few years back during the peak of the annual Perseid meteor shower which generally hits sometime mid-July thru mid-August each year. It was quite a show!! I'm going to try and hit up Rock Creek in 2013 during the peak of the Perseid activity which is expected during the night of the August 12, 2013. I'd highly recommend it to anyone that has never seen a meteor shower.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."- Henry David Thoreau