Author Topic: Hudson by Heart / Marsh lake  (Read 4483 times)

hud7xcpe

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
Hudson by Heart / Marsh lake
« on: August 01, 2012, 08:34:21 PM »
Does anyone know where I can locate the historical picture of the Hudson that was located along the trail above crankcase hill??  I had it before and cannot locate it again. The forest service dismantled it.  Near Heart / Marsh lake.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:04:35 AM by hud7xcpe »

teejay

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Re: Hudson by Heart / Marsh lake
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »
I posted a picture of the car on this site a few years ago. This was before it was dismantled.
Its location was actually just uphill of Box Lake on the old road. I assumed it was a Model A Ford.
Iíll check my files and see what I can come up with.

hud7xcpe

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »
Would really appreciate it!!  Thank you!

teejay

• Weekender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:34:45 AM »

This is the best that I can do. I used to have some photos in 35mm format when the car more complete, but I can not locate them.

hud7xcpe

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »
   Thank you for the picture of the hudson.   I never saw it in that condition.   It was pretty much together in the last photo I saw on line...well, it wasn't all apart like this photo.   I saw the car back in the 50's when it was pretty much all there (engine, interior, front grill, etc.)   My dad used to work for Hudson and said it was about a 32 hudson 8  (8cylinder in-line).    I didn't go hiking up there for a few years, so didn't notice it was gone.   Went for a hike up to Long lake a couple years in a row and stopped one day and noticed the car was gone.   Oh well.   A friend told me the forest service torched it up in small pcs. and thru them in the bushes on the hill side, and sure enough, the pcs. were there.  Another pc. of history gone.   fyi...model A's had the fuel tank in the cowl, so had a gas cap just in front of the windshield.   Again, thanks for the pic.  Hope you have more.   Little Lakes Valley is a beautiful place.   Lots of history there.

hud7xcpe

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 01:35:17 PM »
   This car seems to be a little older than 32, cuz I was going on what I thought I heard back in the late 50's.   But pretty sure it was a hudson at the bottom of the hill at the opening of box lake (?).   Oh well.  But still interesting history.  Thanks again.   

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
I think there's still a car of some kind tucked away in the trees near the inlet of Box Lake...not sure...
"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »
This what I have in my vintage folder.  This was taken in 1965.  Looks like the inlet to Box Lake to me.  Does have the shape of a Hudson and looks a lot like Teejay photo, just taken earlier.

"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
Yeah, that's the inlet to Box...cool!  I think the car was moved into the trees, but it's probably the same car.  Thanks for posting that pic!
"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

Marine One

• Rock Creek Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
WOW!

hud7xcpe

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 10:25:33 PM »
   Hey TeeJay....that's the picture!!     I made a copy of that about 8 years ago, put it in a frame, and hung it on the wall of my cabin above rock creek lake, with other old pics of my dad and the old cabin.   Any other old pics of the valley would be greately appreciated.   I even have a pic of the old rock cabin above the first lake (?) somewhere.   Again, thanks.