Author Topic: East Fork  (Read 3369 times)

sierracamper

• New Creeker
    • View Profile
East Fork
« on: October 05, 2012, 02:16:50 AM »
East fork should be open till the end of October right? Obviously if they get snow could close earlier but it should be open?? The host said they are open till Oct 30th but I seen on the Facebook page someone said mid october. I have a trip planned up there on the 25th. Please give me good news. Already reserved our trailer..... Thanks

fshrsmn

• Weekender
    • View Profile
Re: East Fork
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 06:09:37 AM »
The upper loop of east Fork CG usually closes right after Labor Day. The lower loop stays open (like you said) until later Oct....Unless there is bad weather. Temps are beginning to drop drastically now, and I believe there are slight chances of precipitation in the near future. Mid to late Oct is really a grab bag when it comes to reservations, but it is one of the most perfect times to be there (in my opinion). Have a great trip.
That small voice calling my name is the mountains,
and I must obey.

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »
Go on the Rock Creek Facebook page and ask the campground manager. It is usually open untill the end of October and it is So Beautiful up there at this ime of year  :clap:
The Creek is Waiting...

Topwater Terry

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
Yes,  message the rock creek campgrounds page,  they should be able to give you an answer...
Once I arrive at Tom's Place...well,  you know...nothing else matters...

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »
From the campground managers...

"All camps except Convict Lake, Tuff & French Camp will be closed by Oct 15. the 3 mentioned will close 10am Nov 1st."
"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

Sierraslam

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:36:43 AM »
The Canyon nights will be very cold by the end of October. You might want to find a cheap place to stay. Tom's has some reasonable prices. I'm fishing the closer and staying a cozy condo. Always my favorite time of year.

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »
From the campground managers...

"All camps except Convict Lake, Tuff & French Camp will be closed by Oct 15. the 3 mentioned will close 10am Nov 1st."
So Nov 1- end of season is Inyo/Mono county or BLM campsites?
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »
I think managers of the various campgrounds have options to close whenever they want.  RRM, the manager in Rock Creek, Convict, and McGee Creek has chosen to close all THEIR campgrounds November 1.  The BLM campgrounds and others not managed by RRM will likely have other closing dates.
"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

TEX

• Rock Creek Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »
Tim,
Thanks for the info. Maybe I should have updated the post with my findings. But, I didn't see any other fools like me going in late in the game. Emailed answers from BLM and Mono Co.:  Tuttle Creek (BLM) w/b open as Lundy Cyn (Mono Co run) both until Nov 15th. PVR is open too(not pretty but close to PVR). Not too sure about the dispersed areas around Mammoth and June or the Inyo Co Parks. Always easier to ask forgiveness if the gate is open? I've even obtained a campfire permit for the occasion! I got 100% on my test! :lol2: Part of my fishing experience is the camping  :tent: even if it's a bag on the ground under the stars and a fire. Although I've hotel-fished a couple of years ago on my way driving from Austin-Boise.
Thanks for the follow up!
The E.S. is where I come to get back to sanity and to the real me.