Author Topic: Fall Color Photos  (Read 23612 times)

Corey Baer

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Color Photos
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
Can we do Winter pictures now  :clap:

The last picture if Rock Creek is stunning  :clap:
The Creek is Waiting...

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
Can we do Winter pictures now  :clap:

The last picture of Rock Creek is stunning  :clap:

Yeah, thatís my favorite picture of Rock Creek Lake.  I saved the best for last!  Every year for the last 20 + years Iíve been coming up to the Eastern Sierra during the fall season, my favorite time of the year to visit.   :hiking2:

Winter pictures are a good ideal.  I like youíre thinking! :photographer:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

wshawkins

• East Side Hero
  • Got to love the Eastern Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »
Hawk where are we going next? I'm sure that everyone can"t wait :clap:

Trev Dog, I plan on switching gears and go back to the 1860ís when gold and silver was first discovered on the Tioga Pass area.  Couple of interesting mines to look over and Iíll look at the history of that time.  Took family members to both sites and worked out real well, especially for my young nieces and nephews as it kept them entertained.  Good fishing nearby too.

Also discovered several new mines, some way back in the back-country!  One mine of interest was just below an 11,000 feet peak and had a cabin nearby facing the Hoover wilderness with Ĺ dozen back-country lakes in sight!  Talk about a million dollar view!  Best part is the lone miner who worked this claim for many years.  He was quite a character!  Still researching this story so I get the facts correct.

Might throw in some fishing reports from this season.  Fishing was phenomenal this year.  Broke my record for biggest Cutthroat and Brook Trout this year!  Also this was the year of the big fish, especially fish over 2 lbs.  I primary fish back-country lakes so not sure there is much interest on the lakes I visit.  It has been a good year for me!  :fishing3:
"It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

Creek Dude

• Humboldt Creeker
  • Administrator
  • Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »
great pics!   :clap:
"Rock the Creek." - Hardrock

bj

• Eastern Sierra Legend
    • View Profile